9/30/12

Dear Tiny,

Today Dad and I took a short road trip to a town in New Jersey. We love road trips. In fact last year we took our honeymoon out west and drove down the coast for a couple weeks. We don't often get to drive because we don't own a car in Brooklyn, so having the chance to drive with music or podcasts in the background and the windows down is an awesome treat!

All weekend I wondered if you were on your way but it looks like you will be an October baby after all. That suits me just fine... for some reason I have a terrible time remembering birthdays that take place towards the end of the month. Isn't that weird? I'm sure your birthday will be cemented in my brain (for obvious reasons), but I'm happy that you'll likely be a first-half-of-month kid.

Last night around 4am I thought I might be going into labor and I ate a banana in our living room. The cats were nearby and I wasn't in pain, but was definitely feeling uncomfortable. I was very calm, though, which surprised me. When I think about labor abstractly, I feel a bit anxious and scared... but I was glad to know that, when I thought it was go-time, I felt very calm and ready.

Love,
Mama