9/29/12

Dear Tiny,

Well, I have procrastinated long enough (almost nine months) and you will soon be here with us so I decided I'd better post my thoughts. Tiny, I think about you everyday and am so excited to have a grandchild, but I absolutely hate writing things for the public to read. That's the first thing I want you to know. Of course, I do e-mail and text and I am never without my iPhone but I would much rather communicate personally via e-mail or even better, the good old-fashioned telephone! There's nothing I like more than actually talking "live" to someone! So when you get old enough to use a phone, please call me so I can hear your sweet voice. That will make me very happy! By the way, I do have a Facebook account, but I rarely use it because I never remember the password! And I will never write to you there!

You are going to be one very lucky little boy! So many people already love you and are so excited about your arrival. As the first grandchild/nephew, you will always hold a special place in our hearts. Pop-Pop and I are thrilled to have a grandchild and your Uncle Steve and Aunt Kate are ready to spoil you rotten! Your Mama was our first child and she was the first grandchild in the Reinert/Epting family so she knows what I mean.

Motherhood has been my greatest accomplishment and I know being a grandmother will be just as wonderful. I am a nurse so I am always here if you have questions or are concerned about anything. Aunt Kate is now a nurse, too, so she's here for you as well.

 I am so looking forward to having you visit, teaching you to bake Christmas cookies, taking you to the pool (I love to swim laps), reading books to you, telling you stories about your ancestors, doing all the other things grandmothers love to do, but most importantly, I can't wait to snuggle you and rock you to sleep!

You are so fortunate to have such wonderful parents who will give you all the love they have to offer! It's a little more than a year since their wedding which was such a joyous occasion. We are very lucky to have your Daddy join our family and your Mama was so lucky to find him. Individually, both of them are fantastic people, but together they are unbeatable and they will always be there to provide you with whatever you need. But always remember that Pop-Pop and I are just a phone call, text, or e-mail away (actually don't text Pop-Pop as he never turns his cell phone on), so please don't ever hesitate to ask if you need anything.

Be good to your Mama and take it easy on her during labor! I had a pretty easy time giving birth to her so I hope you will do the same! We're all excitedly waiting your arrival into the world and remember that we all love you very, very much!

Love,
Nana. xo