9/13/12

Dear Tiny,

Today I had a migraine headache. Those are the worst. I could feel it coming on at work but I was giving someone their Annual Review, so I held it together until the end and then you and I took a cab ride back to Brooklyn where I laid down for a few hours in a dark room. I was a little worried that the migraine was either a sign of labor coming early or could cause labor to come and, as we discussed this morning, you are to stay where you are until Dad gets home from Portland!

I'm feeling better now but a bit fragile. Being sick made me realize how difficult it will be for me to take care of myself sometimes when I have kids. The mom can't just go in her room and close the door... especially if the dad isn't home!

I grew up with a mom who is a nurse and she was always able to tell us what she thought was wrong when we weren't feeling good. I will definitely be calling Nana and Aunt Kate to see what they think if you get the sniffles or aren't feeling right. Your grandpa is a nurse too, so we've got plenty of medical opinions to go around and keep you safe.

Love,
Mama