8/20/12

Dear Tiny,

Tonight I made my way to Windsor Terrace to pick up a bag of baby boy clothes from a couple whose little boy has outgrown them. I had never been to that area of Brooklyn before and as I made my way across the overpass of a highway, I thought about how diverse Brooklyn is. The people in this neighborhood have front porches with rocking chairs on them!

As I crossed the street, I passed a famous author who used to teach a writing class I took a few years ago. How random is that? What are the odds that I take the subway to a completely random part of Brooklyn and cross paths with someone I know at a precise moment? It really blew my mind, as it does every time this happens to me.

Coincidences are funny things, Tiny. They always remind me that there is a healthy dose of magic in the world... you'll know what I mean one day.

Love,
Mama