8/19/12

Dear Tiny,

I like Oprah a whole lot and this afternoon I was watching her on TV. She talked about how it is a real gift to come into the world with people wanting you. Oprah came as a surprise to her very young mother and when she was 14, she gave birth to a baby herself. She talked about what it was like to not feel a connection to the baby she birthed (he didn't live in the end) and how differently she could imagine things going for a baby who was truly wanted and anticipated.

This doesn't mean that your life will be easy, but it does mean that you will start out with a slight advantage. So, so many people are anticipating meeting and knowing you... and that, more than the baby clothes and shower gifts, is something that I am thankful that we can give you.

For a few years in my 20s I was anxious about getting married and having a baby and wanting things to happen faster. But I'm so glad that life took the turns that it did; now Dad and I are ready and excited to meet you and give you the best life we can.

Love,
Mama