7/21/12

Dear Tiny,

The family weekend continued today, as we had a family reunion with Pop-pop's side of the family. We met Pop-pop's cousins and I asked them each what they remembered about my Grandma Madelyn (your great-grandma). They remembered that she was kind and used to give them popsicles. Some of them visited her in the hospital, where she lived for a long time. I only remember her living in a hospital, in fact.

Family is a funny thing. You don't choose them; they come as part of your heritage. There will inevitably be family members that you're closer to than others... remember that it's important to know a little something about everyone you come from. Even though I didn't have a close relationship with my Grandma Madelyn, she's a part of my history and I can appreciate that. In fact, one of Dad's cousins apparently looks just like me! That was a funny thing to think about, an entire wing of the family who might have my features... and maybe yours too?!

Love,
Mama