6/28/12


Dear Tiny,

This morning I had to do a glucose tolerance test to see if I have gestational diabetes. There's no real reason to believe I have it, but I guess this is the protocol that people follow these days! I had to drink this gross little bottle of orange sugar stuff and then sit for a few hours while they checked my blood each hour. 

For the first hour I was pretty out of it, but then I snapped to attention during the second hour and was able to get some work stuff done. I also made an ENORMOUS to-do list for things to prepare for your arrival. It reminded me of planning our wedding, when we kept a super-long list of things to do each month and crossed them off along the way. It relaxed me, in a way, to have it all written down somewhere and to feel as though I was somewhat in control of the crazy amount of stuff we have to get done.

You know what's funny? I think if my due date was tomorrow and you came out on time, we'd still be fine. It's a luxury to have so much time and brain space to plan all of these things… but in the end, whatever we get done ahead of time is a bonus. 

Love,
Mama