6/13/12

Dear Tiny,

Last night I had a bad dream. It wasn't about you at all, it was about a ghost letter from Elizabeth Cady Stanton (your mother is a history nerd, btw) and some zombies coming down the street to kill us. I woke up scared and reached over to wake up Dad. He told me it was fine, it was all a dream, and in telling him what had happened in the dream, I felt ridiculous.

Some day you will have a bad dream and it will feel ridiculous but it will still take a few minutes for that terrified feeling to go away.

I needed to get up to pee but was scared to go alone and Dad asked if he should come. (Our bathroom is 12 inches from our bedroom. He is a saint.) In the meantime, Oscar had jumped onto the bed and come up to our heads to snuggle with us. He is good at sensing when we need him. Well, wouldn't you know it but that cat went with me to the bathroom! He walked with me and stayed while I peed, then walked back and jumped right back into his spot between me and Dad.

"I love this cat!" I said to Dad and we both laughed a little. And then YOU started kicking up a storm! If I had felt alone and scared only minutes earlier, I now felt totally out of the dream and surrounded by little buddies.

Thanks for the help, mister. You and Oscar really tag teamed it and I'm sure that won't be the last time.

Love,
Mama