6/10/12

Dear Tiny,

Today I read a memoir called Preemie about a woman who gave birth to her baby at 25 weeks. (That would be as if we had you less than 3 weeks from today. YIKES.) It was a really uplifting story that traced the mental journey that the parents went through in raising a tiny baby and dealing with some of the longer-term affects on her health and well-being.

I hope you will stay just where you are for another 18 weeks, for the record. But I did find the words of this memoir really encouraging... it spoke to what it's like to be a parent in the most fundamental sense. Dad and I are bringing you into this world and we are going to love you so much it's scary. (Even now, writing that sentence, I still have no idea of the magnitude of its meaning.) It gave me great perspective that it's important for me to focus on the what's really important - your health - and not worry too much about the rest.

Love,
Mama