10/5/12

Dear Tiny,

Well we made it to the New Yorker Festival! When I bought tickets last month I was really doubtful that I would be able to use them, but I was so happy to sit through a couple events last night and listen to world-famous authors discuss their fiction. Maybe you were itching to hear some author-speak too and wanted to hang around in utero to make it work?

Every year these events inspire me to write and last night was no exception. Dad and I were talking the other night about all of the different things that might inspire you in the world -- will you be really into chess? Painting? Writing? Fishing? Running? Whatever it is, we're here to support you... and no doubt we'll have plenty of opportunities to expose you to different things as we travel and see the world together.

Technically I have one more event to attend tomorrow (a famous surgeon will be giving a lecture about failure!), so if you'd like to hang around for him, then let's do it.

Love,
Mama