9/17/12

Dear Tiny,

I'm in charge of the Annual Reviews at work and I've had quite a few reviews to give in the past week. They continued today and I thought about how managing people is a little bit like I imagine parenting to be on some level; you set people up with the best situation you can and then you encourage them to thrive and support them to do so. Still, at the end of the day, they're their own people and they've got to find their way.

Wouldn't it be funny if Dad and I gave you an annual review every year? And set out challenges for you to tackle? And talked about how you grew the year before and what we hoped for you in the next year? Don't worry, we won't put you through that... but I can't promise that you won't get some flavor of that in the conversations that we have naturally over dinner sometimes. We are both pretty reflective people!

Love,
Mama