8/29/12

Dear Tiny,

Six weeks to go! Can you believe it? Six weeks feels so short... and yet you could even come earlier than that. (You could also come a couple weeks later than that too, but let's hope you are ready to evacuate sooner rather than later... I don't know where my organs will go if it's much longer...)

We're starting to sense the end of our old lives. Tonight we had dinner with our nice neighbors who have two kids and we talked a lot about kids and living in New York and how to raise babies. I was really proud of us for taking the time to grab dinner with them before you're born. With so much else going on, it's nice to make a little time for social opportunities before they all but disappear for a while.

This weekend, Dad and I are having a mini-vacation in which we turn off computers and phones and just hang around a hotel pool with magazines. We can't wait! While we're gone I'll be publishing a few letters to you from friends who wanted to write you something. It means so much to Dad and me that we know people who want to talk to you before you're born... and I hope it will mean a lot to you too one day.

Love,
Mama