7/17/12

Dear Tiny,

Tonight Dad and I were at our birthing class and the teacher was talking about how much babies know about what's going on outside the womb. Dad and I thought that some of what she was saying was bogus (for example, you cannot HEAR what is happening out here until you have EARS...), but I am willing to concede that you are definitely affected in positive or negative ways depending on how I'm feeling. More endorphins in me mean more endorphins in you; that seems clear.

As I sat there in class I thought about how happy things have been the past few months, how relaxed I've been and how often we've opted to stay here in Brooklyn instead of running around like crazy people on the weekends. I'm happy that we've been able to keep things light, especially if that means that you're benefiting from our lack of stress!

Love,
Mama