6/2/12 - 6/3/12

Dear Tiny,

Hey buddy! How are you doing? Did you like Chicago? Even though I was SO exhausted last night (I walked 12 miles while sightseeing, you know!), I was so happy to have had a weekend of exploring. I'm not sure how often I'm going to be able to get away like that once you're born and exploring a new city is one of my favorite things to do. Yesterday was a perfect blend of hanging out with Nana and going out on my own (well, with you, of course).

I feel most myself when I am alone in a new place, free to be curious and quiet and contemplative. Maybe you'll feel the same one day. I hope that you grow up to be social and love being around people... but you may find that there are times when you prefer to be alone. That's totally understandable! Dad feels that quite often and I think he enjoyed his time here in Brooklyn too while we were away.

Thanks for kicking more often and letting me know you're alive down there. I had my doubts after yesterday's marathon walkfest! Now we're back home to normal life again, back to feeling you growing. October is going to be here before we know it.

Love,
Mama