5/20/12

Dear Tiny,

During the ultrasound, the technician zoomed in on your face and showed us your nose and lips. "Whoah, that baby looks like Angelina Jolie!" I said. "Look at those lips."

The technician moved along and without missing a beat said, "Well he better not look exactly like Angelina Jolie."

Dad and I were slow on the uptake. Suddenly Dad said "Wait, HE? Is it a boy?" And the technician smiled and said "Yep!"

We cheered and I couldn't do much celebrating because the technician had that wand thing on my belly and we were looking at you, but Dad jumped up and gave me a smooch. As she continued looking at you, a thousand thoughts were going through my head. Tiny, the baby we had come to know, was going to be a son, a grandson, a nephew... a little BOY!

Yesterday we went up to Yorktown to visit Nana and Pop-pop and Uncle Steve and Aunt Kate came too. We brought the baby cake with and Nana cut it... that's how they found out that you're a boy. Everyone was so excited, especially Uncle Steve, who really thought you were a boy this whole time. Here are some fun photos of the day!

Uncle Steve decorated Dad and me after Nana cut the cake!

The cake was BLUE! For YOU!

We love you, little buddy... and we can't wait to meet you!

Love,
Mama